There’s nothing as bad as running out of power when you’re shooting a great video or snapping photos, that’s why getting an extra camera battery is important. In fact, when you have a high-quality RAVPower rechargeable camera battery, you can power your camera for longer periods. Furthermore, it means avoiding carrying a lot of batteries when you’re out on location.
Why Does a Camera Battery Die Fast?
Modern cameras come with extra gadgets and accessories that use power. For example, faster processors, larger sensors, built-in Wi-Fi, bigger memory, GPS, and Bluetooth drain batteries very fast. Features like an LCD screen and automatic flash also use a lot of power. In addition, aging rechargeables lose their power over time.
How Do You Improve Battery Life?
Unfortunately, one of the downsides of a digital camera is it always seems to run out of power when you need it most. In reality, it’s possible to get a little more power out of your battery. Here’s how to go about it.
- Replace the old battery. As rechargeable batteries age, they lose the ability to hold a full charge. Therefore, if you bought your battery a few years ago, it might be time to replace it with a RAVPower rechargeable camera battery.
- Use the viewfinder. Turn off the LCD screen and use the viewfinder to frame photos. Using the LCD causes a significant power drain, if you must use it, turn down the brightness to preserve the battery. Also, don’t scroll through stored photos a lot or cycle through the camera’s menus.
- Turn on battery-saving mode. This feature powers the camera down if there’s no activity for a specific period. That is, it can help preserve the battery if you forget to turn it off manually. You can access it in your camera’s settings.
- Check for corrosion. When you don’t use your camera for several weeks and leave the battery inside, corrosion may occur—especially if the environment is humid. Green or brown smudges on the metal connectors are a sign of corrosion. Be sure to remove the buildup or the battery won’t charge properly.
- Don’t shoot in RAW. While RAW image files capture a lot of information, the format requires more resolution and drains a battery fast. Bearing that in mind, only use the format when you want to do a lot of editing after the shoot.
- Get an extra battery. A RAVPower rechargeable camera battery ensures you have enough power for a project. Most rechargeable batteries can’t be used in different cameras, they only fit a particular model. So it’s definitely important to get the right rechargeable battery for your camera.
Tips for Choosing the Best Battery for Your Camera
- Pick the right size. If your camera runs on AAA batteries, that’s what you need. To find out the correct battery size for the camera, check the device itself or the manufacturer’s manual.
- Get the right battery type: Alkaline batteries differ from lithium batteries, while NiMH batteries differ from lithium-ion batteries. For this reason, take time to understand how the chemicals affect battery life and performance to make the best choice.
- Choose between rechargeable and single-use batteries: Obviously, single-use batteries are more affordable and have an excellent shelf life, but they can only be used once. Alternatively, rechargeables can be used time and again, so they are the more cost-effective choice.
RAVPower’s Rechargeable Camera Battery Recommendations
Whether you need replacement batteries for your camera or spares for emergencies, it’s important to know what you’re buying beforehand. Don’t just get a Canon or a Sony battery based on the camera you own. Even cameras made by the same manufacturer may have different needs, so do a little research to ensure you get the best battery.
If you often shoot long events like weddings or travel frequently, it’s important to have a spare battery in your bag. For instance, most seasoned photographers have a couple of spares in their bags. RAVPower has many powerful batteries for cameras, but these are our top recommendations.
RAVPower Camera Battery for Sony: RP-PB056
This battery set comprises 2 high-capacity replacement batteries (1100mAh/83 14W) and a dual slot charger. They are specifically designed for Sony batteries and replace the SONY NP FW50 battery. They are compatible with SLT-A series, Alpha series, and a few other Sony cameras. It is resistant to fire and power surges, not to mention the circuit protection prevents it from overheating, over-charging, and short-circuiting.
Camera Battery Set for Nikon: RP-PB057
The two batteries in this set directly replace the Nikon EN-EL15 battery. They can charge a variety of Nikon cameras, including Nikon 1 V1, D7100, D7500, D850, and D810a. Their charger features a micro-USB input and can be powered with a USB wall charger, an external battery, or a car charger. Similar to the first charger, it contains many safety features to protect your batteries.
Battery Kit for Sony: RP-BC006
Designed to charge fast and increase the runtime of your Sony cameras, these 2 replacement batteries are compatible with Sony NX5, TRV1, TRV3, and TRV9E. They have a higher capacity (2900mAh/20.88Wh) and can allow you to shoot videos for up to 4 hours. They are built to be safe and their charger can be powered by a wall charger, a car charger, or a power bank.
Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries with Charger: RP-BC002
If you’re shopping for Lithium-ion batteries for your Nikon Camera, get this set that includes a battery charger. The batteries are compatible with all popular Nikon models and make perfect replacements for EN-EL14 and EN EL14A batteries. Plus, the charger can be powered 3 ways and has built-in safety features.
RAVPower Rechargeable Camera Battery for Canon: RP-BC003
Canon outperformed Nikon in the pro market by creating a faster SLR with better autofocus, making its cameras ideal for professional applications like sports photography. If you own a Canon camera, getting an extra battery makes a lot of sense. Besides, the last thing you want is the battery dying when you’re just about to take a great shot. These RAVPower rechargeable batteries work with popular Canon models. You can use them all day, that is, so long as you can access a power outlet and recharge them.
Get a RAVPower Rechargeable Camera Battery Today
In summary, if you’re tired of your camera’s battery dying when you need it most, get a RAVPower rechargeable camera battery. It provides more power, allowing you to take more shots and videos. In fact, we have amazing discounts on our batteries, so get one while stocks last!