Is a power delivery revolution finally at hand?
You may not have been paying all that much attention, but in your time you’ve probably been witness to the rise and fall of dozens of different battery charging standards. From the days when being well-prepared meant keeping a drawer full of gangly wires like a spilled box of black linguine, to the hardy four or five USB types still standing today, we’re closer than we’ve ever been to a universal standard. Power Delivery, or USB PD is a new standard capable of supplying five to ten times the wattage of conventional USB, enabling unprecedentedly fast charging across all devices.
Whether it is a revolutionary leap like USB PD or a logical extension, check out how technology continues to change.
The revolutionary benefits of a universal standard are obvious: less e-waste in landfills, less inconvenience for end users, and better compatibility across devices. So what separates USB power delivery from previous claimants to the throne?
- Power delivery brings 100 watt strength to an 18 watt world: USB PD provides unmatched charging efficiency. It’s rated for up to 100 watts—no other widely-used standard (Quick Charge, VOOC etc.) cracks 36 watts, with most occupying the 15 to 18 range. The higher wattage is intended for powering heavier devices like hard drives, laptops, and printers—most current smartphone devices will only request 10 to 18 watts from a PD block. It’s very likely that future models will up these caps in response to the availability of power delivery, leading to next-level charging speed for handheld devices as well.
- Power delivery doesn’t discriminate between devices: PD is backward compatible with devices designed for other USB standards, like 2.0, 3.0, and type-C. It intelligently delivers an appropriate amount of power based on the architecture of the device to which it is connected.
- Power delivery is a two-way street: One of the most exciting developments in recent USB technology is two-way charging. This means that, for example, your tablet could be used to power a portable hard drive via the charge port. This functionality unlocks bold new possibilities for consumers and manufacturers alike.
RAVPower: The Industry Pioneer in Power Delivery Technology
Since 2011, we have established ourselves as a leader in the field of charging technology. Our innovations in wireless charging, power banks and solar batteries have quickly become industry standard, and we are now the first to offer a complete line of power delivery chargers, including power banks, wall chargers, desk chargers, and car chargers.
RAVPower’s PD line offers the following unique benefits:
- Never find yourself without power with complete compatibility for laptops and other USB-powered devices
- No matter if it’s a phone or something that needs more ‘oomph’, enjoy speeds 2.5X faster than standard 5V/1A chargers
- Supports 100V-240V for hassle-free use no matter where in the world you plug in
RAVPower’s flagship PD charger packs all of the benefits of this pioneering technology into perhaps the thinnest charger ever made. By doing away with traditional silicon components in favor of hyper-efficient gallium nitride, the new 45W GaN Charger is noticeably more compact than previous models. Despite this radical decrease in size, the 45W GaN Charger’s performance matches or exceeds its competition in every metric. Learn everything there is to know about our 45W GaN charger here.
Power Delivery’s Time is Now
Given its early adoption by giants like Google, and the positive response of consumers enjoying faster and more convenient charging than ever before, it’s clear that power delivery and PD charger products have finally arrived. It offers all of the benefits of conventional USB charging with exponentially greater muscle, backward compatibility, and two-way charging. Meanwhile, a worldwide reduction in the manufacturing of redundant cables will make Mother Earth happy too.
Whether you’re a tech aficionado or just too busy to wait out one more agonizingly slow charging cycle, it’s a guarantee power delivery will have a positive impact on your relationship with the devices that keep you in touch with the world. It’s the perfect time to join the revolution.
Important USB PD News
One final thing. We invite you to join and CELEBRATE the launch of our line of Power Delivery chargers, which we’re sure will revolutionize your world! Check us out on Facebook to win $600 USD worth of PD prizes. Start winning here.
Get the full lowdown on our exclusive 45W GaN Charger and learn why this power-sized device is more powerful than just about every other charger out there. Learn more.
8 Replies to “Power Delivery – USB PD Is Ushering Us Into A New Era Of Charging”
What power pack/ charger do you recommend for a google chromebook pixel
Unfortunately we do not have a product for the Google Chromebook Pixel. Sorry for the inconvenience.
When can we expect the GaN chargers in Europe? Available thru Amazon (UK, DE etc.).
I’d love one for my Lenovo X1 3rd Gen tablet.
No plans yet. It is something we are working on in 2019.
Hello, RAVPower Company
I would like to ask you a question.
I have Ravpower USB-C PD Wall Charger 36W Dual Type C Travel USB Charger, Model RP-PC017-UW.
So the question is when I plug my iPhone XS Max to the USB-c by Apple USB-C charge cable, my iPhone charging turns on and off many times, it’s up to three times only in the beginning, I can say, only in the first 30 seconds.
I contacted the company which I bought the plug from, and they said “it’s normal all USB-C power Delivery does the same. All plugs turn on and off many times only in the first minute of plugging it to the phones.
We aren’t quite sure what your question is! However, if your phone charges as normal after the initial start up issues then you should be okay. If you feel you need an indepth talk about one of our products, please email email@example.com
When can we expect 100W chargergs and Powerbanks that can be charged by 100W? And why are they not on the market yet if PD enables up to 100W?
It is rather very good, nevertheless glance at the data with this handle.